Thursday, October 21, 2010

Special Olympics Event

Thanks to Troy Quiller, who wrote the following in his efforts to raise money for Special Olympics:

"So why did I decide to involve myself in this fundraiser? Well, for a couple of reasons actually. Not too long ago a friend of mine grew his hair out for a year and then shaved it all of for a fundraiser for cancer. He set an example for me of someone willing to give just a little bit for such a good cause. Since that time I have thought in this little mind of mine that if the opportunity presented itself, to do something like that, I would jump at it. When he told me about this fundraiser, I couldn't help but be excited about the purpose, and the adventure of being on top of the Wachovia tower knowing that there was only one way down.

I have been blessed in my life to have my own family members come into this world healthy and strong, both mentally and physically. This is really a blessing that I couldn't be more thankful for. There are so many families out there that don't share this same blessing. Not that their lives aren't blessed to have loved one's not in the same position as mine, but I don't share the same worries that they do on a daily basis.

If I can raise money to help these families have at least one day of nothing to worry about, than I am more than happy to do it.

Please help me, help them. Giving a little is really giving a lot.

Many thanks for your support!

Your friend,

Troy Quiller"

Troy raised $1,164.10 for Special Olympics. Because he raised over $1000, he was able to rappel down the Wachovia Building in downtown Raleigh. LOVE is BALD donated a t-shirt to him to wear that day. Thanks for everything Troy!

No comments:

Post a Comment